- Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Most products include free shipping via parcel carrier (UPS Ground or Priority Mail) or freight carrier. Shipping quotes are provided when:
- Overnight or 2-Day shipping is required
- Shipping to Alaska, Hawaiʻi, or Puerto Rico
- Special freight carrier services are required, including inside delivery, liftgate delivery, or call-ahead
- Shipping large, heavy, or unusually fragile items where quantity and destination radically change freight costs
When a shipping quote is required, the order will not be placed with the factory until you have approved and paid the shipping fees. If you decide not to continue all or part of your order after reviewing the shipping quote, you may modify or cancel your order without penalty.
Unpack Carefully and Keep the Packing Materials
If a package appears to be damaged, even heavily damaged, the product inside may still be fine but, before proceeding to unpack the contents, take photographs of the damaged package.
When a package is received and appears to be in good condition, always open it carefully and do not tear or cut the package more than necessary to access the contents. Only discard the packing materials after concluding the contents are undamaged and that no returns will be required.
- If damage is discovered after the package has been opened then the carrier will want to inspect the packing materials. If the packing materials are not available for inspection then the claim will be denied.
- If an item needs to be returned then, in most cases, the original packing material will be required.
From time-to-time, items are damaged during the delivery process. As soon as damage is discovered, please contact us so that we may help with the claims process.
With UPS and most freight carriers, the best course of action is to accept the shipment (refusing it will greatly slow the process), take plenty of photographs of the damage and any damage to the packing materials, and to be sure to keep all of the packaging until the claim is fully resolved.
GAR Products offer the option to ship via one of their preferred carriers. If an item delivered by a GAR preferred carrier arrives damaged then GAR recommends noting the damage on the delivery slip and refusing the item so that it will be returned to GAR for inspection and repair or replacement at no additional cost to the customer.
Most items sold by SunhouseOffice.com are custom-produced to your requirements, so returns are more strictly controlled than items purchased off-the-shelf.
- All returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") number. To request an RMA, please use our Contact Us page or call us.
- Returns are accepted at the sole discretion of the product manufacturer. As an independent dealer, we have no control over the manufacturer's decision.
- All manufacturers charge restocking fees on approved returns. Restocking fees vary by manufacturer but rarely exceed 30% of the purchase price. Please contact us if you would like to know the restocking fee on a specific item.
- Return packing and shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer.
- Your purchase will be refunded, less restocking fees, on all items returned to the manufacturer in a condition the manufacturer deems salable. If the manufacturer does not deem the item salable then the purchase price of the item will not be refunded.